★ (xchanceofrainx) wrote in bad_service,


backstory: i was fired 8/14/06 from my full-time job, wrongly fired at that. but that's another community and a long rant that you guys don't want to hear anyway. :P so i filed that week for unemployment benefits.

here's where the bad service starts:

first story -- you have a waiting week, and then with the next claim, you start receiving your benefits. well, the next claim came and went, as did the next. they finally tell me that they need to ask me a few questions about how i was fired, and that my employer didn't have the correct ss#/name on file for me, i needed to fax them proof as well for that. that was bad service on the part of my employer, because we basically had to use our name and social to sign into all the systems, and in the eight months i'd been there, it had been right. whatever. so i get a copy of the letter that the social security office submitted to me from my personnel file at my former employer, as well as answered their questions. i fax it over on a thursday, and by monday, i'd heard nothing. so i call the lady who'd originally phoned me about it, and she tried telling me that she didn't receive anything. but she said she'd look anyway, just in case, and sure enough, my fax was right on top in her mailbox. she said that she was expecting me to mail it or something. so i figured i could expect to be receiving benefits soon.

nope. another week went by, so i called the office i'd been told to call about my processing, who said that since i'd worked out of state (i live on the ohio/west virginia panhandle border, and pennsylvania is only about 20 minutes away, so most people work out of state around here) that i had to call another processing center. the lady basically told me that i'd have to wait three weeks. but i explained that i'd waited for almost four, and she said she didn't know, and hung up. oooookay.

so finally, that thursday, i noticed it had gone through for the three weeks that i was owed. i didn't have incident with them until this week.

second story -- i file on sunday, they post it on monday, and it reaches my account by tuesday. lather, rinse, repeat. i always check monday for the email they sent, and then my notice inbox on their site. checked it on monday before going out of town, said i was okay, so i didn't think anything of it until i got a call tuesday from my processing lady, who said i answered one of the questions yes instead of no, and she had a feeling that it was a mistake, and wanted to clear it up so she could take the hold off of my payment.

first off, i called her on the direct number that she gave me, and she had NO IDEA who i was. so i gave her my social and she said to give her a minute to pull me up, which took nearly five. she still had no idea who i was or why she called me even after my account was pulled up. i explained that she left me a message, so she responded by saying "what did i say in the message?" i told her and she goes "oh, oh, right." and then we figure out where the issue was, she said she'd take care of it, it would go through first thing this morning and hung up on me.

so i paid my cell phone bill, thinking it was okay, and safe. since i knew it wouldn't post 'til today, and the money was supposed to be there.


i get a notice from the bank saying nextel tried to pull $70 out of my account, and i only have $35. i instantly freak out because my cell phone isn't in my name, and i'm really weird about paying my bills on time or early, usually with more than i'm supposed to, because my credit is bad and i want to improve it. so i run down to the bank and make them show me the screen. nope. no deposit. lovely.

so i call the processing center and speak to another rep, who said that the lady i spoke to yesterday had left notes on the account, BUT DIDN'T REMOVE THE HOLD. so the rep supposedly took care of it, and she said it would go through first thing in the morning. so i'll have to call nextel before work, repay my cell bill and get my bank account straightened out, because the bank debited another nsf fee from the $35 i had left in there (if you remember my last post with all the illegal loan transferring. the bank and i had a talk about that one), and that check hasn't gone through yet, for whatever reason.

  • Silly Sprint people

    I want to change to sprint so I contacted them via phone. Here’s what happened and why Them: you can join for 200.00 Me: that’s a lot of money your…

  • (no subject)

    Well,  I unofficially long my last non - grapevine tested  and advice from Facebook nurses and things.  Add it id's , it is. I'm going to harshly…

  • HOA Woes

    So I live in an HOA. Back in December, our mailbox was hit twice and we had to fix it to the tune of $150 because our HOA use uniform mailboxes. In…

  • Post a new comment


    Comments allowed for members only

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded