- you have a swimming pool (which doesn't make sense anyhow because it'd have to be an olympic sized pool at least, and if that was the case, they shouldn't be charging me $480 for the water "disposal" because it wouldn't have been disposed, it'd be still sitting in my 460m3 pool, which wouldn't//couldn't physically fit on our property)
- you had a major water leak and got a plumber to come fix it (except with 6 water tank trucks worth of water, i'm pretty sure mine and my neighbor's houses would be a bit wet and there'd be evidence of a flood that size)
- i'm just a "water hog" that uses according to the service representitive the equivalent of a 100 head cattle rance in a month
- there's just some bizarre mystery as to why our water is literally evaporating out of our tank at an alarming rate but that's just the way luck goes sometimes
- that i shouldn't be so selfish and pay for the water i've obviously consumed because that's the fair thing to do
- that they would not consider replacing the water meter, they would consider inspecting the meter but because it's been reading "approprietly" at ~20m3/month since then they can "assure" me it's working fine, and when that is deemed i will have to pay THEM for the service call that they made to determine it was working just fine
- that no matter which way i roll the dice, that amount of water was consumed by us, and has to be paid for. and perhaps i should "start to watch my outside faucet in case my neighbors are sneaking over and tapping in to it at night"
here's the plan. tomarow morning i'm going to phone them again and go over the numbers with them again. i'm going to explain to them that ryan did the math and that to consume that much water in that much time we'd have had to run the 6 litres of water a minute, every minute of every hour of every day for 5 weeks straight. AND that our drainage pipes are incapable of draining that kind of water and we'd have flooded our entire neighborhood in less than a week. i'm then going to ask them if they think that sounds reasonable or plausable. if they think i should chalk it up to a bizarre mystery, i'm going to go to my mom's law firm, ask one of the lawyers to do a public pro bono case, go to the MP, go to the media and waltz into downtown's head office with my crew and see if i still owe $1,050. and i'm pretty sure if other citizens of edmonton think it's possible for this to happen to them....there's gonna be some explaining to do, especially with christmas coming and power/gas prices on the rise through -guess who-the same company. they're total nazis. i will win this war. I WILL WIN THIS WAR.
input? comments? advice? *gathers troops for an ass kicking from hell