findmealone (findmealone) wrote in bad_service,

  • Mood:

Virgin Media Fail

So, I'm moving into a new place, and yesterday was the first day on the lease so I arranged a Virgin Media (cable dude) to come over and put in phone, internet and cable TV. The landlord said the last tenants had it, too, and Virgin Media confirmed this on the phone, so I thought it'd be a quick easy thing and I could head back to my mums house after (I'm a massive wimp and in our old house we were burgled twice, so I don't want to live in a city student house alone until my housemates arrive).

I make the appointment by phone, and it's sorted for between 1pm and 5pm. Yesterday we head to the house, get there for about 12:50, go "phew!" as it was a bit tight, check the doorbell works (one of those plug-in ones that's a bit deafening), and sit in the living room and front bedroom and basically chill. I unpacked a bit, but the whole time there was my brother downstairs who could hear for the door, as no TV was on, etc.

At 2:30 I get a call from the supervisor of the cable guy, telling me the guy had just been to the house and no-one answered the door. I said it wasn't possible, they guy said to check for the card through the door that they leave to say they've been. No card. The supervisor then sighs and says the guy will be right there.

Can you see where this is going?

at 16:06 (I have the logs on my phone) I rung them up, was on hold for about 20 mins before an agent told me a supervisor was going to ring the technician and ring me back in 15 mins.

No-one rung me back, so at 17:30 I rung them again and asked what was going on. Was told they'd talked to the technician and he'd be at the house for CERTAIN within 30 mins.

at 18:45 I rung them back again. This time I was on hold a lot longer, and bounced between 4 different people, each one not wanting to tell me anything. In the end I was told it would be another hour.

He finally arrived about an hour later, seemed a nice chap, but went on about needing special permission from a supervisor and it being late and being worried about drilling in the house (I thought it was all installed before?!). He left after hooking up the wrong TV downstairs "just to set that up") and promised to be back in the morning and that his manager was going to come, too, and apologise. He also admitted he arrived at 12:45 to install and just left when we weren't in. We must've missed him by literally a minute - but we were in the house at 12:50.

He was back the next morning, with no manager of course and did everything we asked. But when we asked where our router was for wireless internet (which is included in the cost) he said they didn't have them in stock and it would be posted with my welcome pack. But, I am being charged, of course.

I ring them up today, and told them this, and was told I'd have a manager contact me within 48 hours. I'm not confident.

  • Silly Sprint people

    I want to change to sprint so I contacted them via phone. Here’s what happened and why Them: you can join for 200.00 Me: that’s a lot of money your…

  • (no subject)

    Well,  I unofficially long my last non - grapevine tested  and advice from Facebook nurses and things.  Add it id's , it is. I'm going to harshly…

  • HOA Woes

    So I live in an HOA. Back in December, our mailbox was hit twice and we had to fix it to the tune of $150 because our HOA use uniform mailboxes. In…

  • Post a new comment


    Comments allowed for members only

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded