Keep in mind I am not chummy with our UPS driver, I know that some people develop a bit of a bond with delivery agents. I have one with my truck driver, he's awesome! We bonded over our love for Vince Vaughn and sick sense of humor...
UPS driver thinks the following things are okay to joke about:
1) What I'm having for lunch.
I don't appreciate people noting that I'm eating to begin with. Let alone what I'm eating. Though the cake is taken when I hear this for the 100525th time "Oh I wish I could afford Subway. I have to bring my lunch."
2) The fact that my car isn't washed. I am not the sort to spend my weekends washing my car. I'm driving it or sleeping on my face. Stop it.
3) My bumper sticker for XYZ candidate in my window. Now I know that politics and making it shown who you support brings on the critics. However when you are representing a company, you should have more restraint. Is that too much to ask or too crazy of idea?
4) The idea that I should do your job. I do not need to hear "So you're going to load this today?" or something similar.
5) The amount of items we're sending out. Believe me, if I could find another company to send stuff with I WOULD. So SHUT UP, that's 3 grand of shipping, that's what pays your bills. That's like me bitching that people are buying our stuff "Why you gotta do business with me, sob sob sob into my pile of money."
These to me are all the cashier's equivalent to "If it doesn't scan, it's free!"
I had to get these out of my head and if there's a better spot, just let me know and I'll grovel I promise. :(