It's 2pm and I'm still asleep. I've been a bit of an insomniac lately; I can't seem to fall asleep before 4am without a battle. This morning, I was awake until 7am, so it makes logical sense that I was still sleeping at 2pm.
Well, apparently (all mention of being a teenager/college student aside), that isn't reasonable to the people that are supposed to be doing room checks for maintenance things. Promptly at 2pm someone banged on my door, and without a second's delay to find out whether there was anyone inhabiting my room, some guy from maintenance loudly and quickly unlocks my door and bangs it open. I said (very sleepily, with a good deal of "wtf" in my voice), "Helloooo?" and he looked really shocked (I think, I'm nearsighted) and was like "I was just checking on your closet doors!" and then banged the door shut and relocked it loudly.
Here's why I'm annoyed:
1. Residence life KNEW I would be here for January, but not Christmas, so why couldn't he have checked on my closet doors or whatever during the two weeks when my room was vacant? I know there are lots of other rooms to check up on, but wouldn't it make sense to do the rooms that will have people living in them during January first so that they're done before the people are back in them?
2. That guy definitely could have waited all of 10 seconds to allow me to figure out that he was outside my door and been like "I'm sleeping!", but instead he bursts in like the building is on fire. wtf.
3. "Check on your closet doors"? Really?
4. I have a lot of unpacked stuff all over my room because I just brought the rest of my laundry and whatnot over yesterday. I've been here since Thursday, but I haven't really had time to unpack. My room looks like a bomb went off, so I don't really want random people (especially random people I have never seen before in my life) running around my room.
5. Is it so hard for campus maintenance or residence life or whoever to CALL me and say "Hey, we wanted to check on the status of your closet doors (wtf wtf wtf), when would be a good time?"??? Nope.
I would be significantly less ticked off if I had been awake, but honestly, what if he had done that and I was naked? Geez.
cross-posted to my own journal.