Horror of horrors.
They told us it would take three weeks to get set up. We got our nice little welcome package, and our account info. Three weeks passed. Nada.
Called Qwest and it turns out our order had been cancelled the same day we ordered it. No reason why.
They said it would take another week.
After a week, we did in fact get service. Cheers all around.
A week later, we were serviceless again. My husband called Qwest, and after waiting an hour or so on hold, he was told that tech support was not the place to call, but customer service was. Apparently our account had been deleted. There's DSL service to our house, but we now have no way to access it. Nice. After another 45 minutes or so on hold, customer service told us that no, it was tech supports problem. Back to waiting on hold for tech support. They told us the problem would be resolved in 24-48 hours.
That was 6 days ago.
4 days ago they told us they were "going to find out what was going on." After waiting for an hour, my husband had to go to work, so the guy said he would call back and leave a message on our answering machine.
In three successive calls we've asked what the status is and have been brushed off with "It's being worked on" or "I'll notify the proper department" and that's it.
Now all we get is a busy signal when we call.